Product Owner (Team Lead)
24sessions is innovating customer interaction. We are a fast-growing scale-up in Amsterdam. Our SaaS solution is leading when it comes to customer interaction via video-chat. We are helping organizations like Rabobank, ING, AEGON, NUON to increase customer satisfaction, productivity levels and reduce time spent on administration. Google, McKinsey & Rocket Internet recently elected us 1 of the 10 best B2B startups in Europe! Our product is constantly evolving and due to the growth of our team, we now need a Product owner (team lead).
About the role
Our development team is organized in two squads, the meeting room squad (building the best video calling solution in the world) and the product & integrations squad (making sure 24sessions provides maximum value to our customers).
Each squad is a fully functional team with back-end + front-end developers and QAs so that they ownership and control over their own backlog, sprints and releases.
You will be responsible for one squad. You will manage the backlog, define user stories & requirements and coach team members to timely, high-quality execution and personal growth.
As a product owner (team lead) you will:
- Assist CEO+CTO in translating long-term vision into a short-term roadmap/backlog
- Do research, gather requirements and write epics and stories with acceptance criteria
- Estimate together with squads the required time, resources & cost to develop the backlog
- Lead all squad meetings such as refinement, planning, standups and retrospectives
- Manage sprint execution for the timely and right delivery
- Report to CTO on the progress of development, performance of the team and its members
- Work with developers to realize improvements in the development process & monitoring
- Operationally manage, coach and develop team members to excellent performance, good work-life balance and personal growth.
In short, you make sure your team delivers the right value to our customers at the right time by being a servant leader who empowers team members with clear expectations and coaching to ensure high performance and personal growth.
What will we offer?
- The opportunity to lead one of our two squads to deliver value to our customers
- A key position in the biggest team of our business. You can have a real impact on our product and our business.
- You will report directly into the CTO.
- Work for a rapidly growing start-up. The energy that this brings is exciting and motivating.
- A personal training budget to make sure you get formal training, as well as practical training from our CTO.
- A salary in line with the seniority of the role
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- Additional holiday pay (8% of your annual salary) and 25 leave days per year
- Stock options when you get your contract extension. You will co-own part of our company.
- Unlimited ping-pong & daily walks with your colleagues
What do we look for?
- 3+ years of experience as Product Owner in a software company.
- 3+ years of relevant experience managing a development team.
- Experience writing epics, stories, requirements & acceptance criteria.
Excellent communication skills (to the point, clear & structured).
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methods, able to lead standups, refinements, planning & retro’s.
- Close to fluent in English (Dutch is a plus).
- Tech-savvy with good technical knowledge, coding experience is a plus.
- Structured, detailed and result-oriented personality type with high standards.
- Servant leader and a genuine coach.
- A strong interest in our product and most importantly; our customers.
- Currently living in the Netherlands with valid working rights, as we are IND registered, a highly skilled knowledge migrant VISA is ok.